- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 Sushi-grade tuna steak, about 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 12 ounces red beets, peeled and finely diced
- 1 small can chilled mandarin orange segments (drained)
- Avocado Salsa (see recipe on blog)
- 1 Metal chef ring for structuring salad (2 inch diameter)
- In a small bowl, combine parsley, chives, tarragon and kosher salt. Stir to blend.
- Rub mixture into both sides of the tuna.
- In a Large Sauté pan, heat the oil over high heat until pan is smoking.
- Add the tuna and sear for 1 minute on each side.
- Remove from heat, transfer to plate and refrigerate immediately and chill for approximately 30 minutes before serving and preparing plates.
- Place metal ring in center of plate. Spoon a layer of beets on the bottom of plate. Slight press into place. Then add a layer of mandarin orange segments. Finally, add a layer of avocado salsa on top.
- Cut the tuna into ¼ inch slices and stand on side around the molded salad. You can garnish the top with some micro greens and shredded carrots.